Saturday, October 22, 2011

That's Not My Name

I stalk clothes. When I first discovered that Nanette Lepore had produced both dresses and blouses with a print of boys' names in script I knew I had to own one of them. The print also came in pink on black and I would buy it as well if I could!
As an English PhD student I of course love font as pattern, and adore the way you can't really tell what the print is unless you look closely. There is also something so deliciously retro and tongue-in-cheek about having "Ralph", "John", and "Harry" emblazoned on a conservative blouse.
A black skirt, pearl studs, and simple turquoise flats set off the top without competing with it.
Blouse: Nanette Lepore, Ebay
Skirt: Teenflo, Winners
Shoes: Banana Republic, Ebay

Photos by my lovely fiancée Reece, whose name sadly doesn't appear.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/23/2011

    This is such a cute and sophisticated look! love it!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you stalking this blouse, and I'm so happy that you bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those flats. I've been looking for something just like them.

    ReplyDelete