Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let's Go Pitt!

Readers, let me apologize. I know you're tired of my yellow cardigan, especially paired with my yellow tights. You've seen it before, and you probably have a feeling that you're going to see it again. But look at that sea of orange. A Pitt fan has to do something to stand out, especially in the intimidating, air-tight Carrier Dome, home to the Syracuse Orangemen.
I wanted to wear my Pitt apparel like everyone else, but I wanted to have fun with it. I chose to wear a Pitt t-shirt that wouldn't actually be the central focus of the outfit, and build the rest around some vintage collegiate vibes and an overload of yellow and blue.
After creating that game plan, the yellow tights and cardigan were a must, as was my blue and white belt, a bonus vintage find that came attached to my seersucker dress. I kept it both casual and in the color family with my jean skirt and didn't let any of the accessories overwhelm the color palette. The neutral two-toned Oxfords, pearl cardigan chain, and pearl earrings helped give the outfit a dated college feel, remembering a time when football games were attended in sport coats and dresses (Oh, how I wish...).
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shirt: Family hand-me-down
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army in Kerrisdale, I believe
Tights: We Love Colors
Belt: Vintage, Eons (came with purchase of dress)
Pearl chain: Thrifted, Salvation Army, Latrobe
Earrings: Gifted, Erin
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappos, Bass

The good news? We won! The better news? Because we were sitting so near the end zone when Pitt scored so many touchdowns, we were also on TV! Thanks again Julie for taking these pictures. xoxo Anna Rae


3 comments:

  1. Amazing!! I wish I could make my Canucks jersey look as stylish... I'll work on my hockey game chic and see what I can do!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you would create an outfit for the Pitt game-that was great!! Unfortunately only your cardigan was seen on tv-not once-3 times!! Grammy has it taped so go and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, you can totally pull off hockey game chic -- the colder temperatures give lots of room for adorable outerwear!

    Aunt Donna, I already watched a few of the touchdowns on Aunt Dede's DVR -- I wish I would have been standing up in the aisle so all the at-home fans could have been impressed with the tights.

    ReplyDelete