Monday, October 4, 2010

Wedding by the Water

This weekend, I attended my cousin Brian and his adorable bride Katy's wedding in Annapolis, MD. The wedding was a nighttime wedding on the bay, a perfect occasion to rewear the dress from Nick and Emily's rehearsal dinner.
As soon as I saw this dress on ModCloth, I immediately knew I loved it, and who wouldn't? What other dress has a large bow, sweetheart necklace, and an overlay filled with sparkle and whimsy? It reminds me of one of the dresses worn in White Christmas, one of my all-time favorite fashion movies.
I tried to keep the rest of my outfit as vintage-inspired as the dress, and wanted the accessories to stay simple. I worn silver sandals (with heels!) and carried my grandma's grey clutch, one of my favorite pieces.

I found this ring at Target and knew it was perfect! This neckline needs no necklace, but my beehived hair was craving oversized pearls, and the ring was an excellent complement.

This jacket was my last-minute addition for the beside the water breeze. Although it's not the most practical of outwear, I always feel a little like Jackie O when wearing this adorable, almost cape-like jacket. It may be a misplaced association and I may be mixing my vintage inspirations, but I loved how fun the outfit felt.
Dress: Modcloth
Shoes: Life Stride
Jacket: Old Navy
Cluth: Inherited, Grandma's
Earrings: Costume Jewelry
Ring: Target

The wedding, like outfit, was a great success. And a special thanks to Aunt Donna for taking these pictures twice, since they were all in sepia tone the first time. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/04/2010

    Omg Anna! You look BEAUTIFUL!

    xoxo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these pictures would look great in sepia tone-don't you?!! You look marvelous!

    The photographer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't credit you! I'm going to take care of that right now.

    Sepia tone belongs at that old timey booth at Idlewild Park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the hair might be your best ever-- You are clearly a beehive master now! I think a tutorial might be in order... :)
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete