Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Opening Day Steals

This past week, I took a mini-vacation to visit old friends in Etown and then stay with Toni, my sole graduating high school class friend, to help her shop for her wedding dress. It was a successful shopping experience, and I can't wait for her wedding so I can post some pictures of the dress. It's absolutely beautiful. While in Etown, I did some shopping at the Light of Hope Church Thrift Store on its opening day and scored this lovely polka dot skirt. Such a great find!
I bought the skirt because I thought I would be able to match the bright blue spots with a pair of tights I own, but the coloring was actually pretty off. Instead, I paired the spring-like color of the dots with a purple sweater, and kept the rest of the outfit black, keeping it interesting with some textured tights and my beautiful new oxfords.
They're shiny! Patent-leather! They almost look like tap shoes. I love them.
Skirt: Thrifted, Light of Hope Church Thift Store, Elizabethtown, H&M
Tights: Target
Sweater: Old Navy
Shoes: Gifted: Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Fitzwell

I'm now on the lookout for a pair of tights to match these polka dots! xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment