Friday, October 8, 2010

Style Challenge: Gifted

OMG! Look at my enormous and crazy brooch!
My aunt Donna bought me this brooch for my birthday, and, even before I unwrapped the present, apologized for how big it was, insisting that if I didn't like it, that'd be okay, because she thought it was a little over the top. Clearly, I love it, and decided to base my going out for a lazy Sunday birthday dinner with said aunt outfit around it.
Like Libby said in the last post, I'm rejoicing over the return of tights with shorts weather. I chose these tights as a tonal complement to bold maroon and lilac in the brooch. Because of its size, I knew that if I wore the brooch on one side of my outfit, I would look lopsided. I was thinking belt buckle at first, and still am a little, but once I put on this blouse, I loved the idea of having the brooch in the center of both it's tie and the cardigan's button. Could it be anymore of a focal point?
And, finally, a close up of the tights, with their crazy design. Like the brooch, these tights are bold and maybe a little over the top. All the best things are.
Brooch: Gifted, Aunt Donna, Avon
Blouse: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg
Shorts: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancovuer
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg
Cardigan: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe, Zara's
Belt: Target

My apologies for being a lackluster blogger this week. The Lit GREs are tomorrow, so I've been trying to limit my time spent on things that discouraged me from learning to tell the difference between a Spenserian stanza and Rhyme Royal. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I want to know who got down to eye level to take that last shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one, it was a self-timer shot.

    ReplyDelete