Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Girls who wear glasses

My new nerdy persona sadly did not live up to her eyewear and neglected the proper care and feeding of her electronics (specifically camera batteries). Luckily the lovely Jenna stepped in with her iPhone to take these outfit posts featuring my latest optical accessories, a new requirement for long hours spent squinting at blurry 300 year old print.

I'm wearing one of my favourite blouses with grey jeans and a cardigan for colour. I like the contrast they provide to the black top, something that my usual dark wash denim does not. The shoes are a wonderful nubby wool houndstooth with bows. Houndstooth, like polka dots, stripes, and animal prints, is a pattern that plays with with almost any others and can be blown up for drama (as in this post) or minimised for subtlety. Plus the fact that it is usually black and white gives it mad street cred in my closet.

Glasses: Factory Optical
Blouse: Tara Jarmon, Winners
Jeans: Paige Premium, Zappos.com
Cardigan: Talbots (home to some surprisingly wonderful things!)
Flats: Gap

1 comment:

  1. I love that blouse! How great would it look with a patterned skirt? Maybe a leopard print skirt?

    Although I always admired your perfect eyesight, I love those glasses. They're so flattering on your face.

    ReplyDelete