Monday, August 23, 2010

Timing Out

Today I taught my last class of the summer and wore what regular readers can probably identify as classic Erin even from only a small number of posts: black & white and a pop of colour.
What I think makes this basic outfit special (other than bright pink, which is inherently wonderous) is the graphic whimsy of the "Call Home" telephone brooch and the three dimensional square neckline details on the abstracted houndstooth top. Both teeter along the classic/crazy line which is a wonderful place to be, in clothing and otherwise.

Grounding the look are my wardrobe workhorses: black capris, (soon to be repaced by black pants as fall nears) black flats, and pearl studs.

This was my second attempt at self-timing, so please excuse my lack of a good head to toe shot. Perhaps September will bring not only additional layering options and my response to the yellow tights challenge, but also more willing photographers. My favourite part of TTTB before Anna repatriated was taking the pictures -- I am hoping to find some kindred spirits who also like detail shots, location scouting, and long walks on the beach.
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Top: Tory Burch, eBay
Capris: Le Chateau
Brooch: Vintage, eBay
Flats: American Eagle



1 comment:

  1. Both the top and the brooch are completely amazing! Forget What Would Emma Pillsbury wear -- What Would Erin Wear?

    I miss you taking my pictures. No one around here enjoys standing on the hoods of cars for better angles.

    ReplyDelete