Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Wedding! Part I

So, apparently, I'm actually not that dedicated of a fashion blogger -- I completely forgot to take blog photos for the wedding and the rehearsal! Hopefully, once all the photos filter in, they'll be enough for some posts -- and I am totally ready to recreate the rehearsal dinner look, as I loved it -- but, again, you'll have to wait. To hold you over, I have the results from my first experience as stylist and personal shopper for the very important Mother of the Groom. Shut up and wear beige, she did not.

But first: the beautiful bride and her okay-looking groom:
There was a disco-themed party-bus limo. It was kind of hilarious.
I started shopping for my mom's dress over Christmas, when I was home from Vancouver, so I did most of the shopping online. We ordered a bunch of dresses from Nordstrom's, but once she put this one on, we knew it was the one (or I did, and she fretted for a while about the length). The colors of the wedding were black, silver, and sangria, so I thought this pewter color worked really well. The dress was a little long, so she took it to a tailor and had one of the ruffles taken off the bottom.
Because the top of the dress was a pretty deep V (especially for Karen), we knew we needed some substantial jewelry. Originally, we were shopping for rhinestones, since she already had the shoes, but Mom saw these at David's Bridal and they seemed perfect.
I love these shoes! They're the perfect color, they're fun, and they're just dressy enough without looking wintry.
Convincing my mom to buy a colored clutch was probably the biggest coup of my styling. A woman that loves matching and coordination, she thought the purse should be pewter, but as soon as I sent her a few online options, she seemed pretty excited about it. The purple didn't exactly match the dresses, but stayed in the color scheme and offset the pewter well.

Also note the band on the waist, it's my favorite part of the dress.
And her best accessory: her favorite stylist, me!
Dress: Nordstroms, online
Jewelry: David's Bridal
Purse: Zappo's, Jessica McClintock
Shoes: Zappo's (brand unsure)

Photo credit for the picture of the bridal party: Damon Burnette

Look out for my outfits soon! xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/25/2010

    everyone looks beautiful!!
    LOVED aunt karen's fully styled outfit! that clutch was such a suprise!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. THe color of your dresses are gorgeous, Annie! And Karen looks beautiful! Such a good stylist - so flattering! Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete