Monday, August 30, 2010

Fashion Safari

This outfit was a bit of a trek into the fashion wilderness, and not only because of the leopard print. I wanted to combine colours, prints, and textures in a way I have been too nervous to do outside of my apartment.
I like pairing slightly 'off' colour opposites (ie turquoise and coral rather than blue and orange) for vibrancy and 'pop'! Keeping the bag and cardigan in the same tonal family was my attempt to make the disparate prints cohere.
Basket weave wedges in a muted metallic are fun but still neutral. I am planning on continuing my sartorial safari into unknown territory as the weather cools, so let me know if you think I am headed in the right direction!
Cardigan: JCrew, Ebay
Dress: Donna Morgan, Dillards
Necklace: Sam Moon in The Woodlands, TX
Wedges: Kate Spade, Winners
Bag: Coach

3 comments:

  1. Love your bag and your style, Erin, you're a refreshing new addition to "The Tights that Bind!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great -- i love the textured polka dots with the bold print. My cousin Julie is at my house and she said, OMG She looks so expensive, which I think is more of a comment on the quality of your clothes and not any kind of hooker reference.

    You inspired me to dress in something exciting for class and not the usual patterned shirt and a plain tshirt tucked in business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/01/2010

    it's true, i did not mean any kind of hooker reference!!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete