Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Come Fly Away

Going to a summer wedding on Vancouver Island required a few key acessories:wedges so I didn't sink into the grass,
A flower in my hair to match the dress,

And a DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver Flightplane. I might have been somewhat less than graceful climbing into the plane in my party dress, but I never shy away from overdressing!
Dress: Ann Taylor, Ebay
Shoes: Ellen Tracy, Winners
Bag: Vintage, Goldie's Oldies (in Penticton and now sadly closed)
Flower: Vintage Millinary, Etsy
Float Plane: DeHavilland Beaver, Harbour Air

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this look! From my previous posts, you must know how I love a good 50s housewife silhouette! :)
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/05/2010

    So pretty! It looks a little like Mad Men so that means I love it a lot. Also, that plane is frightening.

    Love, Anna on AlyWebb's computer.

    ReplyDelete