Friday, August 27, 2010

Too Much Sunshine? Never.

Do I look unusually cool in my photos today? It's only because the pictures were way too sunny so I had to do some effect-ing on iPhoto. Or perhaps it's just because this outfit is cool: a simple sundress paired with a cardigan and sunglasses that give it just a bit of a vintage feel, despite the very contemporary floral pattern and very in pairing of red and pink.
I've worn this outfit a lot this summer, but mostly just running out somewhere or on long plane or car trips, so I never had the occasion to photograph it. It's so simple, but looks pulled together -- it was really the perfect summer outfit, worn for maybe the last time before it needs a pair of tights underneath.
My hair, uncut for the wedding, is long enough for a ponytail -- I look I love, despite being really devoted to my short, layered hair, so I thought it was a good opportunity to show off this headband, which goes well with the flower and beaded buttons on the cardigan.
Adorable flower, red cuffs on the sleeves and shiny red buttons -- this cardigan is one of my favorites, not hard to be considering how much I am loving the pink and red combo these days.
And of course, my new silver flats. I'm thinking I'll continue to wear these in the fall and winter with tights showing through the peep toe. Too weird? I'll probably do it anyway.

Dress: AE
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village
Headband: Gifted, Aunt Donna, Kohl's
Shoes: Payless
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore (I haven't credited them in a while and I think they really make the outfit)
And now I will watch Hairspray on TV and dream about owning all of its adorable day dresses. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment