Saturday, August 14, 2010

Double Feature

You know what makes Inception a better movie? Immediately following it with Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I saw this epic Double Feature last night and I loved it (mostly Scott Pilgrim) as much as I loved the outfit I wore to it.
This denim dress, while one of my favorites, is pretty plain in the summer without any tights and because of its shape and peasant sleeves, it's hard to wear anything over it. Or it was, rather, until I remembered the classic cuff, an elegant solution to any weird sleeve dilemmas. Add a few detail pieces and you have a summer outfit reminiscent of cooler day layering, but still weather appropriate.
And the details from top to bottom:
A new headband! Like 17-year-old Blair Waldorf, I can't stop wearing headband, especially ones that sparkle and look like flowers. When my aunt Donna offered to buy me three new headbands as a consolation for having to wear hard contacts, I couldn't refuse.
This brooch is so amazing. I found it at the flea market for $2 and it might have been the purchase of the day. Both silly and classic.
I bought these shoes as the dancing, late-night alternatives to the high heels I have to wear down the aisle at Nick and Emily's wedding on Saturday (the wedding is in a week! I can't wait), but I thought I should break them in.
Blazer: Thrifted, Value Village
Shoes: Payless
Brooch: Golden Nugget Flea Market, New Jersey
Headband: Gifted, Aunt Donna, Kohl's

What makes this outfit even better? It was on TV.
The Waffle Shop in Pittsburgh not only makes amazing waffles 'til 3 am, but also hosts a talk show starring attention-loving customers. Like me. And my friend Will, who, it should be noted, is wearing a Brave New World tshirt.

Thank you Lindsay for taking both the fashion and interview shots!
Blogging pictures of television shows. The Tights that Bind is very multi-media. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/15/2010

    blair waldorf headbands, michael cera, waffles, and tv? possibly the best blog ever anna

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Wow-that Aunt Donna is so nice!!

    btw-CUTE shoes!

    ReplyDelete