Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer's Swan Song

Despite what the weather may want you to think, summer is over. I start teaching my first class tomorrow, the wedding that wouldn't happen until all the way at the end of the summer is two days away, and my cousins filmed the final episode of their summer project. The following pictures were taken at their house, since I was asked to special guest star.
Cushioning the End of Summer blow is the fact that I found this great seersucker dress just in time for the turn of the seasons, because what translates from summer to fall better than short-sleeve, long dresses like this?
I found this at a vintage shop in Pittsburgh, and while part of me wants to get about two buttons worth of length taken off, part of me likes it just the way it is. Thoughts?
I added this brown belt to go with the brown oxfords, and I thought the birdcage necklace would highlight the whimsy that these kind of dresses have. Thanks Julie for snapping the pics!
Dress: Vintage, Eons, Pittsburgh
Belt: Target
Necklace: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store

Pictures from the rehearsal dinner and wedding are guaranteed, but timeliness is not. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I would definitely agree that the dress should be shortened a few inches - it would make for a much more flattering silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would even consider shortening the sleeves as well...
    And I love the hammock shot!

    ReplyDelete