Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Comes Love, Then Comes Marriage.

So The Tights that Bind was wedding packed this weekend - I attended the nuptials of my brother's best friend. The wedding was outside, and other than a couple of rain drops at the very beginning of the ceremony, the rain held off until we were safely inside for the reception.
After showing you all different choices for what I was going to wear for the wedding, I chose a completely different dress! It was a last minute buy at the outlets last week and it just screamed fun summer wedding! I had to improvise and put a tank top underneath so that I wouldn't look like a huge slut bag. Weddings just aren't the appropriate time for those sort of impressions. Then again, when is?
The bride looked absolutely gorgeous. She really struck the right balance that is necessary with her hair. It was styled very nicely, yet she still looked herself. The dress was gorgeous and very flattering - simple, yet enough detail to look perfect. Sorry I don't have a close up of it...
But I do have a picture of faithful reader and commenter Amanda! And surprise - the reason I didn't wear the other dress to the wedding is because Amanda borrowed it!! How great does she look - she had Sophie Monster 3 months ago and yet she already has a waist. How should that make me feel though when she borrowed so many of my clothes while she was pregnant - it's kind of odd knowing that my wardrobe can double as a maternity line. Wah wah.
This gem is my brother, Michael. Sometimes he likes to play pranks where he doesn't smile and I'm all unsuspecting and whatnot....Jerk. But he gave a wonderful toast and it was quite fun to dance with him and Amanda that evening!

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Aldo
Dress: BCBG Outlet
Slut-proof Tank Top and Clutch: Express
Necklace: Macy's

4 comments:

  1. pics are great--then there's mike!! do love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved borrowing the dress, thanks Lib! I'm sure I would've looked better with a little tan but how does one tan when they have to take care of a baby? Pretty impossible. And your clothes only fit me when I was pregnant because they were empire waist and I grew enough boobs to fill out your tops. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon second glance, I love your Mom's sour face in the background of the picture of us, oh Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I'm so glad you noticed mom too!!!

    ReplyDelete