Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fashion for Grown-ups

On Monday, I had an interview for a grown-up job, so I wore grown-up clothes -- the kind you buy full price, in season, from fancy places like Anthropologie.
My mom took my pictures once I was home from the interview, which means it was yet again too dark for outside pictures. Instead of standing by the cedar chest (I have another of those to post, but want to wait until I've had some more alternative location posts to bore you again with the white walls), Mom suggested we take the pictures in the kitchen. Hilarious! she says, since everyone knows you'd never be in here to cook.
My faces in both of these pictures are pretty indicative of what someone feels like after a four-hour interview and two-hour commute home. Try to focus instead on the pretty sash and helpful pockets.
Because I was interviewing, I tried to keep the dress pretty simple. Only pearl earrings and a watch for jewelry, nude fishnets, and brown flats. The possibilities to rewear this are endless though: a vintage brown leather belt, some colored tights, possibly a great pair of boots, definitely some jewelry, my locket for sure... the list is endless. Look for this one again.
The pattern of the dress and my immediate mental image of Peggy Olsen wearing it, drinking her Scotch neat, and continuing to be brilliant and sassy convinced me that, even before I tried it on, this dress had to be mine. I certainly can't afford to buy a lot from Anthropogie, but I think I made this purchase really count.
Dress: Anthropologie
Tights: Hue, Macy's
Shoes: Charlotte Russe

I'm so excited to wear this again, I'm sure it'll be a teacher staple! xoxo Anna Rae



3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic dress! I totally agree with all of your plans for it and can't wait to see your styling(s) of it into the fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/13/2010

    Definately a cute dress! and the pictures in the kitchen... priceless.
    Hope your interview went well!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete