Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fun with Art

Last week, my trip to New Jersey presented me with some sartorial challenges -- how does one stay fashionable in 100 degree heat, long days, and endless outdoor activities? My answer was, as it often is, sundresses and keeping my hair off of my face. Likely, I had just the dress and hair style -- a combination that would be both cool and as fun as Grounds for Sculpture, Princeton University, cupcakes, Anthropolgie, and college best friends.Even the panther is excited about the return of my favorite summer hair style and some fun pattern mixing.
While packing, I saw my Liberty of London dress, a favorite of course, hanging next to my polka dot dress in my closet and an outfit was created. The pairing of the dress's crazy colors and patterns with the classic black and white polka dots made this my favorite outfit from the trip.

I added the black belt to really define the dress's waist line and because I thought a navy belt might look weird with a black and white scarf. Ideally, I would have worn my black flats, but comfort and packing space won out with the flower flats.
This lion on Princeton's campus always really liked the outfit. Also, if you look closely, my favorite accessory is in this picture -- Diet Coke.
Dress: Liberty of London for Target
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Scarf: Homemade (by Karen) from thrifted dress
Shoes: Target
Yellow wristband: Proof of entry
Thanks to Janet and AlyWebb (pictured above) for picture taking, picture crashing, and hosting me in one of my favorite places to visit. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment