Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Easiest Up-do

All summer long, I've been coveting the turban-like scarf styles of Jessica from What I Wore. The other day she posted a tutorial -- which you absolutely need to watch -- and it turns out the scarves are the easiest way to wear your hair in the summer.
To celebrate, I based my outfit off of the new polka-dot scarf, homemade from the newly hemmed polka dot dress.

I love this skirt -- I mean, of course I do, it has a big bow -- but I hadn't really found a lot of ways to wear it. The idea of a black tank top, black flats, and a pattern-mixing black-and-white head scarf seemed like the perfect solution.
I pinned the vintage brooch to the scarf, which I think really add to the even-though-this-is-easy-it's-also-pretty-fancy feel of the look, complementing it with my favorite clip-on earrings.
Summer outfit success! And thanks to Melissa for taking my picture outside of the mall.
Tank top: Hand-me-down from Mom, Talbots
Skirt: Purr on South Granville
Shoes: Old Navy
Scarf: Homemade (by Mom)
Brooch: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal

Tomorrow is the Bachelorette Party. I'll try to post my best Party Down outfit, marking my first occasion out and about on the Pittsburgh bar scene. Oh Boy. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit! I think you had me at polka dots, but the bow and the broach made me think about long term commitment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love it! It's impossible to wear black and white polka dots without thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mono brown8/02/2010

    The mall! I love it.

    ReplyDelete