Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lady Liberty Part II

The actual fourth of July was 95 degrees (or 35 for my lovely Canucks) so I really wanted to wear the coolest version of red, white, and blue that I owned. Luckily, I bought this red, white, and blue plaid dress at Gabes for 3 dollars at the end of last summer. I went for the Maryann from Gilligan's Island look, since the dress already suggests it so heavily.
Since I certainly couldn't layer the outfit, I decided to wear some accessories, a rarity for summer picnics. Gold necklace to match the gold sandals and the brooch I ordered for Easter, because it felt appropriate with the hair.
My hair is so big, it didn't fit in the frame! With the beautiful ribbons and the interesting way the dress ties, the back of the outfit is almost more interesting than the front. Almost, though, since the back lacks a brooch.
Dress: Gabes, UO originally
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village
Necklace: Real Canadian Superstore
Brooch: Etsy

I hope I look as patriotic as Michelle Williams and Kirsten Dunst. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment