Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Ones that Never Got Away

So, I think one of the big challenges for me, as someone who doesn't have a big budget for clothes, is wearing things after the styles have changed and making them not look dated.
I've owned this skirt for so long, so long that I can't remember the name of the store where I bought it because it closed down years ago. It used to sit on my hips, hit below my calf, and work so well with scarves and cowboy boots and band tshirts. Camilla and I risked injury we jumped on the Sienna Miller bohemian bandwagon so fast back in 2005, and this skirt was one of my favorites from the trend.
To keep wearing it, I pulled the waist up to mimic today's silhouettes and hemlines (thanks Mad Men!) and used my belt to hide the awkward only-waist band top of the skirt. I thought the belt and the sandals did a good job of keeping with the original intentions of the skirt.
This necklace, an adorable if not slightly noisy birdcage from Target, really completed the look.
Skirt: So old, I don't know
Tank top: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Shoes and Necklace: Target

Sorry for the shadowy pictures. I'll improve my self-timer skills soon, I promise. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment