Wednesday, July 14, 2010

To Clip or Not to Clip?

Another day, another post, but sadly not another dollar in the skirt. Wah wah. Does this shirt look familiar? Well it should - I wore it with the skirt I posted the other day. Judge me? Ooooof course not! This was also an outfit I wore to class when it was extremely hot last week and even thinking about walking 200 yards to class made me sweat. GROSS. This also contributed to growing my bangs out and pinning them back - sweaty/curly/greasy bangs are for some reason not considered cute or fashionable... weird I know!
So the point of this post, I know that it's surprising I actually have a point today because I usually (most certainly) do not. This skirt is very nice and summery because it is so light and airy. In the first two pictures, however, I'm cheating by using a clip in the back to hold it up higher on my waist. (Hmm, cheating seems to be a theme lately, is my time away from a workplace clouding my better judgment??) Back on topic, though, does the skirt look infinitely better placed higher on my waist?
Don't ask me, I don't know! See, it's my confused face. (Some people make better confused faces than others....I've just started showing my face. Lay off me!) So once again readers (Amanda) I need your opinion. Obviously I did not wear a huge visible clip to class and instead wore the skirt placed lower on my waist, but when does it look BETTER?

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes and Skirt: Old Navy
Top: Gap
Facial Expression: Coooooonfusion!

3 comments:

  1. Higher, for sure. It highlights how tiny your waist is and makes the outfit look more polished. And it's the silhouette that's more in style. If you don't want to clip it, you can always use a belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The belt would just junk it up... find a good seamstress and have it fitted higher, it does look better that way. Get it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely higher!! welcome back.

    ReplyDelete