Thursday, July 22, 2010

Grouse Grind

Last week my boyfriend gave me a serious sartorial challenge: a day up the mountain and an evening of drinks in Gastown with no opportunity to change. I went with an easy floral top paired with glacial-clear lucite bling to keep me cool and sparkling. I paired the top with pleated and cuffed denim/linen shorts that hopefully said both lumberjack show and urban cocktails...

and finished it off with silver sandals (my this summer's go-tos) for grizzly bear stalking and patio sipping.
I think it was a great success!
Top: JCrew, Ebay
Shorts and Sunglasses: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
Shoes: Rocket Dog, Sterling Shoes
Necklace: Hill's of Kerrisdale




3 comments:

  1. I love this! Great idea to wear some pleated shorts, both casual and structured. And Reece is a charming addition to any picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mono brown7/23/2010

    You are the real thing! But wait--did you really wear those sandals on the Grouse Grind?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Mono!I took the tram up and there was only minor trail traipsing-- I have only done the Grind once and hope never to repeat it!

    ReplyDelete