Friday, July 16, 2010

Cute and Babyish or Ridiculous and Adulty?

So I realize this may be premature, but I was bored yesterday and nothing is more entertaining than baby clothes and outfits. And more than that, baby Halloween costumes are ridiculously fun..try it! So here for my Friday edition, I would like to present some costumes that my brother, sister-in-law, faithful reader and commenter Amanda, and I all discussed as future outfits for my adorable niece, also faithful commenter, Sophie Bear. (Bear, mind you, is (unfortunately) not her middle name. Wah wah). My brother insists that Sophie will not be dressed as something cute and babyish, and will instead wear something ridiculous and adulty, hence the title of this post.

Since Amanda is the mom, we will start with her pick: Baby Hot Dog. Amanda thinks it's funny, and it is. Also, she thinks it would be a fun idea for her and Michael to dress up as Ketchup and Mustard to complete the theme. I'm not sure if Michael's willing to do that. Actually, I'm most certain he is not. Anyways, I like the idea, but not as much as mine, obviously.
Next, we'll discuss Michael's ideas: Baby Einstein or Baby Viking. I chose this picture because it's funnier. I think he wants this choice because lets admit it, how funny would my little niece look with a mustache and crazy white wig? HILARIOUS.
Now on to the best option: MINE. I think Soph should be a duck. How adorable! Yes, the picture is small, but the level of cute is THROUGH THE ROOF. Quack quack, I'm a baby halloween duck. Look at the baby duck bill that's like a hat! And the baby duck feet! And the baby duck belly! Game.Set.Match.
Let us now finish with a costume that Sophie will NOT wear. I give you, Exhibit A: Creepy rainbow baby costume. Are Amanda and I the only ones thoroughly creeped out by this? She's not wearing this. Period.
Now some of you may (not) wonder what I am going to be for Halloween. Surely I must have a costume picked out for myself since I am already focusing on my darling little niece. And you're right, I do. So every once in awhile I'll give you guys hints. They will be few and far between because, hey, it's a long time before October 31st. But this fun little game will end with my costume reveal. Costume hint #1 and GO: Sunglasses.

Until tomorrow. Libby


1 comment:

  1. I know your Halloween costume!!! But I won't spoiler alert it for everyone.

    ReplyDelete