Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm Hired! Sort of...

No not for real, silly readers! Please, I'm still riding the unemployed train. But yesterday was my mock interview for my career development and vocational counseling class and I was told that if I was really being interviewed for a job, I would have been hired. That was nice to hear - especially since I was so blatantly under-qualified. But hey, apparently my "personality" and "well thought out answers" sold a message faster than Marshall Applewhite ever could have.
I was also told by one of my classmates that I was the biggest and most surprising closet nerd they've ever met. So I chose to come home and finish my book rather than go out for a celebratory drink after class? No.big.deal. Then I was all, closet nerd? Pfft, have you heard me talk in class? (Pushes glasses up on nose...what's that? I wear contacts? That visual was for EFFECT, okay?)

Also, I feel like I can't lie to you readers anymore. It was brought up yesterday by someone else in my class upon seeing a resume of someone named "Elizabeth McCarthy." So she leans over to me and says "Does this person exist?" I looked at her and said "Hi, right here." So people, my real name is Elizabeth. I'm glad we got that little bit of paperwork out of the way.

Also, this is the dress I wore for college graduation last year. It's nice to be able to wear it to something else and get complimented on the color of it, even though it can be considered a tad bit obnoxious. Have a good weekend everyone! And while not wanting to directly disappoint Amanda, this dress has pockets, but alas, no dollar was found. Woof.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Old Navy
Dress: J. Crew

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of that dress and if anyone thinks it's obnoxious then THEY are obnoxious. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete