Saturday, July 10, 2010

Dressed up sharp and felt alright

I've been reading A Thought is the Blossom like it's going out of style, clicking back through the archives and seething jealousy for her amazing vintage finds and strange (in that oh so hip way) way of posing for pictures. I think the obsession shows in this post.

My Saturday was pretty lazy, two big highlights being a new skirt from a new to me thrift store and a lovely walk around the neighborhood in the evening. I realized that I actually really liked the outfit I wore for my walk - which included the new skirt - and hurried to take some photos. The setting sun, a dying camera battery, and not-yet-honed self-timer skills can be blamed for the lack of quantity and absence of a true This Is My Outfit picture.
I love over dressing, and I think this thrifted top really helped to style my new purchase, a pretty modern Old Navy summer skirt. My necklace actually just got tangled when I tried to undo its double loop, but I like how it almost looks like a tie.
I wore my mustard knee socks and brown oxfords, really loving the way they completed the outfit. And, yes, I know I looked totally insane in the 85 degree weather.

Skirt: Thrifted, church thrift store in Greensburg, originally Old Navy
Shirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Socks: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store
Necklace: Real Canadian Superstore

Back to regular posts with informative pictures soon. xoxo Anna Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment