Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Outfits so nice, you'll wear them twice

I'm very excited to blog this outfit,a s it is my current favorite. I wore the exact same thing yesterday and today, which is always a sign of true love.
I bought this dress during half-off day at the St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, during a small town thrifting excursion at Erin's cabin, but it was far too long and my mom, the talented seamstress that she is, didn't have a chance to pin me in it and sew it until Saturday.
This trunk belonged to my great-grandmother and it is so beautiful. Also, it's posts like these that remind me how much I hate posing. It just makes me cringe -- good thing I'm sitting with such lovely furniture in a hallway so white it could be a studio space.
I neglected to really take a close up of the shoes, but they also have tiny polka dots on them, a pairing I tried earlier with my purple (or blue, as some insist) polka dot dress, and it was a pairing I loved. The dress looks cute without the belt, but I thought it dressed the outfit up a little, and I liked the way it flair the skirt out a bit.
Erin bought me this brooch as a going away present, and although this is the first time it's been photographed, it's the third or fourth outfit combination involving black and white that it's been a part of (new! black and white thrifted floral sundress, black and white striped tank top, black and white striped tshirt...), fitting since we all know Erin loves black, white, and a splash of color.

Dress: Thrifted, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store
Brooch: Gifted, Erin (but also Thrifted)
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Shoes: Old Navy
The great advantage of having your mom as your seamstress, aside of course from the price and convenience of having your dress hemmed in the kitchen while you eat lunch, is that you can convince her to make you a polka dot scarf out of the left over dress material. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8/20/2023

    You make me so hard weaing that dress

    ReplyDelete