Thursday, July 29, 2010

Some light, fashionable hazing

In a recent discussion between Libby and Anna, we decided that you, Erin, newest addition to the Tights that Bind style collective, in order to be fully initiated into our blog must participate in the following style challenge:
Libby wore yellow tights.
Anna wore yellow tights (a lot).

Now you must wear them too. We would give you a time limit, but it's not that kind of blog. And, readers, look forward to more style challenges, as we are all currently brainstorming ideas (Erin, mostly, unaware that we had already thought one up for her). Or suggest some ideas of your own. We'll do it -- we might just not leave the house.

Update from Libby: Come on, Erin. All the cool kids are doing it.

Blogs and kisses, Anna Rae and Libby.

4 comments:

  1. I think I am up for the challenge! Anna knows that I have yellow tights and put them on and take them off because I feel like they say 'I have jaundice' rather than 'I have great style' but you ladies both look sensational.

    I might not traipse around for a full day with coloured legs until the temperature drops but I will plan some outfits and get my pose on!xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping the jaundice wouldn't be an issue.

    I'm excited to see what you come up with -- not to strange but I already have a yellow tights outfit in mind with your wardrobe. Let's see if it's what you think of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some challenges for one or all of you...
    - Using your own clothing, copy one another's styles and talk about them, what you like about them, don't like about them, what parts of their style you will continue to incorporate into your wardrobe.

    - Everyone has a part of their body that they don't like. What is yours and how do you hide it/minimize it? Use an outfit as an example. Possibly explore others and give a tutorial. (As a woman who is trying to lose her pregnancy weight, I will find this challenge especially helpful).

    - Incorporate a hat into one of your outfits and post.

    And these really aren't challenges, more like "mailbag" questions:
    - What is one accessory or piece of clothing that you can't live without?

    - What is the biggest fashion disappointment of your life? (For example, you bought something and couldn't wait to wear it and then you did and it was horrible and has been sitting in your closet ever since). Post a pic of you wearing it.

    - Aside from rummaging around in thrift stores or Gabriel Brothers (I'm not a fan of sorting through gross clothes to find one nice thing), where can I buy cute, fashionable clothes on the cheap?

    - What are some of your fall fashion must-haves?

    Feel free to use all or none! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more challenge... you all admit to overdressing. Take one of your outfits that you would wear just hanging around the house and make it fashionable enough that you wouldn't be embarrassed to meet friends for a drink while dressed in it. I'm excited for this one because as a stay-at-home mom, I often just wear casual clothes around the house and I'm excited to see how you could make them look chic!

    ReplyDelete