Sunday, July 25, 2010

West Coast Wedding

This weekend my boyfriend and I took the ferry to beautiful Galiano Island BC to go to our dear friends James and Louise's wedding. The scenery was beautiful, the bride even more gorgeous, and I got a chance to wear a sparkly party dress I have had for a year.
I bought the dress at a store that can only be given the descriptor 'old lady,' but was lured in by the 80% off sign in the window. That a store can offer that level of discount and still make money makes me resolve to continue thrifting with a vengence and continue to seek out stores where I am not the target audience.
The dress was shiny, swingy (good for plentiful amounts of both food and dancing) and fit perfectly so I bought it with no place to wear it. I am so glad it could finally make its debut-- it made me feel glamourous even though we were camping in a tent in a meadow at Reece's uncle's cabin.

And the best part? My shoes matched the dock.
Dress: Anne Klein, Tique South Granville
Shoes: JCrew
Earrings: The Bay



2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I remember seeing this dress last summer when you bought it -- I'm glad you found a great occasion for it.

    I think you need to start doing hair tutorials. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, I don't know you but I like your style and I LOVE that dress. Simply gorge.

    ReplyDelete