Monday, September 12, 2011

On Uneven Ground

Formal shorts. Abhorred by the Fug Girls, difficult to wear, and, for me, a bit short for comfort. When confronted with this fashion challenge, I responded by retreating into my comfort zones: black and white polka dots and a coloured shoe.
The shorts are a silky (and sadly easily wrinkled) modal blend, so I paired them with a silk shell to skew dressy rather than casual.
Although I normally abide by a 'short hemline-flat shoes' rule, with shorts rather than a skirt I went all out and wore heels. I'm just glad that I was sitting down and paying too much attention to my brunch to get toppled over by the small earthquake that shook things up in Vancouver on Friday.
Speaking of shoes, I love these. They are over seven years old, but still just as wearable thanks to their 1940s silhouette and bright mix of textures.
Shoes: CF by Carlos Falchi, Winners
Shorts: Gap
Blouse: Michael by Michael Kors, Ebay
Sunglasses: Kate Spade, Amazon.com

3 comments:

  1. Well done! I have been a little afraid of those silk shorts, but you're wearig them so well. Those shoes are my favorite -- I sometimes picture what outfits they would go best with in my closet -- so I'm glad you broke your shorts-flats rule to let them shine.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/13/2011

    I agree! Great outfit! I love how dressy and chic you make shorts look

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete