Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Scarlet Leopard

I am so glad I picked up this snow leopard print dress earlier this year at Zara. While normally I wear it with bright tights, this time I chose to experiment with texture rather than pops of colour. The flower print of these stockings is subtle enough that it adds depth to the look rather than clashing.

The black tights also make the red shoes pop! I took advantage of the dry weather to wear these great low pumps. Sadly, the inherent incompatibility between suede and Vancouver means they don't get enough wear as they deserve.Normally I wouldn't be quite so matchy-matchy with my accessories, but I like how the red shoes and necklace add balance to a look with a lot of different textures and prints like the ruffled shoulders and snakeskin embossed belt.
Dress: Zara
Belt: Mexx
Shoes: Sam Edelman, Zappos.com
Tights: Gifted by Mom, from Portugal
Necklace: Thrifted, The Salvation Army Kerrisdale

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! The red works so well, the tights are I think my favorite tights I've ever seen, and the last picture is so great!

    ReplyDelete