Friday, September 9, 2011

Welcome to Boston!

Finally -- a post from Boston! Forgive the delay, but the adjustment of the new city, new apartment, new school, new job, and no air conditioning has left most of my outfits uninspired or exact repeats. Today, I was both a teacher and a student, and wanted to look professional for my classes, especially the one I taught in the morning.
Although I want it to be fall weather, it was still 80 degrees today. To compromise what I want with what I have to deal with, I wore one of my favorite summer dresses with dark brown and gold accessories.
The belt, to me, really helped to form the outfit and to make it seem suitable for fall. The belt inspired the shoes, and once I had the two, the necklace was an obvious choice. I don't like to wear anything too crazy on my first day of teaching a new class. But don't worry, I'm sure the syllabus printed on bright yellow paper alerted the students that they might be in for some sartorial amusement.
Dress: Adrianna Papell, Nordstrom's
Belt: Target
Locket: Gifted, Mom and Dad
Shoes: American Eagle (old)
Now that I have a great hallway for photographs and a willing friend to take them -- thanks Jan! -- I hope to be back to regular posting. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/10/2011

    YAY! i've missed TTTB posts
    Adorable first day of teaching outfit-- Professional, but fun :)

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete