Friday, September 23, 2011

The Honeymoon Period

I know that everything is new, so it might be technically just a honeymoon period, but I am in love with the photography backdrop options at Simmons College. This wall, just hanging out near the admissions office on the first floor of our building, looks amazing. Credit must be given to Karleigh, an excellent photographer who -- bonus! -- lives close enough for some near the apartment shots. I have high hopes for my blogging future.
And onto the outfit -- it's one of my favorites. Although I originally found it hard to match this skirt with pieces in my closet, I've been recently having success mixing it with other patterns, first the ruffled stripe tee and now my polka dot dress.
The basic black and white color scheme of the dots and subdued tights and shoes helped the outfit from being too overwhelming. My teal necklace brought out the teal in the skirt, adding some interest, but keeping in the existing color scheme.
Skirt: Purr, South Granville, Vancouver
Dress: Thrift, St. Mary's Church Thrift Store
Necklace: Gifted, Jane
Shoes: American Eagle
I can't wait to revisit this background and find other great gems around Simmons. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I really love this photograph, Anna. The floor and your outfit are excellent pattern mixing fun, and you look so tall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tall?! You know what I like to hear! I'm glad you appreciate the backdrop, too. I'm planning on revisiting it with another appropriate color scheme.

    ReplyDelete