Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Watching My Tone

Plaid, bows, ruffles, and stripes may seem a bit overwhelming for one outfit, especially a work outfit, but the muted color palette and the near-perfect tonal match (in my favorite -- purple) really help to keep the outfit under control.
I love how well the colors blended, and the twee overload of the ruffle over the bow.
I kept the rest of the outfit simple with small pearl earrings and metallic shoes. The teal sunglasses were a fun after-work touch, celebrating the fact that the eye doctor has given my sad eyes the okay to wear my contacts again.
Skirt: Purr, South Granville, Vancouver
Shirt: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore, Prince George
Sunglasses: H&M
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target

I can't wait to repeat this outfit in the fall with tights and my cream cardigan. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/20/2011

    Totally cute way to perk up your sad eyes, my dear! I didn't even know they made those sunglasses for ... grown-ups ;)

    Love that this outfit exudes cool and warmth, just what's needed for summertime.

    xo
    mn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! This look (aside from the sunglasses) seems somehow restrained even though it is so fashion forward. So well done.

    ReplyDelete