Thursday, July 28, 2011

in Old Black and White

Just like Erin, I used Kate Spade's color of the month, Black and White, as outfit inspiration. Although I normally love to balance out my black and white with one or five pops of color, the idea of staying within the monochromatic color scheme was fun, and caused me to look elsewhere for interest.
When I thought about wearing only black and white, I knew that I had to wear my black and white polka dot dress. While it may not be getting as much love on the blog as it once did, it's still a go-to dress for me, especially in bright tight weather.
To make the outfit interesting, I felt that I needed to add interest with texture. This feather belt and the sequined flower brooch pinned to the pearl necklace where just the trick. I love the idea of wearing these pearls with my feather belt because pearls and feathers both remind me of the 1920s flapper look -- one I've always been very in love with.
Of course, I needed to have a small pop of color -- my neon green toenail polish.
Dress: Thrifted and hemmed: St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, Sechelt, BC
Shoes: Target
Belt: Gifted, Cammy
Brooch: From headband, Kohl's
Necklace: Claire's
Earrings: Gifted, Erin

What do you think about wearing all black and white? Do you try to balance it out with a pop of color? xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/29/2011

    Oh YES! Lookin' good, girl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/31/2011

    omg you look BEAUTIFUL! great outfit!

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete