Monday, July 4, 2011

Midway Mania

The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays: picnic food, the Midway, once upon a time an early morning parade that I now sleep through, s'mores, and fireworks. In addition to all these wonderful things, Independence Day is the one holiday when the general public adopts my love of dressing for a theme. To match my family members and friends in their sartorial support of our country, I also try to make interesting and fun outfits complete with red, white, and blue.
This year I chose my blue and white vintage dress and wore a white rope belt from another dress, helping the look to achieve a preppier, New England vibe. My head scarf, fitting with a preppier look, was a plaid skinny tie that added a perfect pop of red.
(Oh, that face. I'm still trying to perfect some casual blogger poses and faces)

I kept the rest of the outfit casual with curly hair and my zip-up sandals. Last year, my red, white, and blue had more of a 1960s vibe, but today I felt like I could be heading out to a clam bake at any second. There's no better occasion to draw inspiration from the preppy and the nautical than the fourth of July. After all, those are two areas where American fashion probably knows best.
Dress: Vintage, hemmed, Eons, Pittsburgh
Shoes: Gabes
Belt: from St. Barths Calypso for Target dress
Tie (as head scarf): H&M
I hope both the Canadian and American readers had great long weekends, celebrating their countries in style. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment