Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Maximum Impact

Even though wearing a loose maxi dress feels like you are wandering around in your nightgown during the day, there is still something inherently glamorous about it.
A boldly printed dress and a black cardigan is so easy I would almost call this outfit effortless, except that there is nothing effortless about dressing well, despite what fashion magazines might say.
The braids and hoops made an encore appearance to show off another halter neckline, along with a beautiful silver 'raven-finned killer whale' cuff carved by Alvin Adkins. It was my 21st birthday present and is one of my most beloved pieces.
Dress: Bedo
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Winners
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Cuff Bracelet: Gifted, my Mom and Dad

3 comments:

  1. I love the neckline of that maxi! And, of course, I'm glad you returned to our favorite backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like it was time to revisit the mosaic mural! Maybe I'll make it a once a year event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/29/2011

    It's so hilarious when you guys comment because it's like you're talking to yourself ;)

    Also--maxi dress! Amazing. Scrap the mosaic mural: this dress needs some serious beach time.

    ReplyDelete