Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fauxhemian

I am about as bohemian as Paris Hilton. However, when a print speaks to me, I listen. This blouse speaks of a carefree lifestyle with limited use of powered hairstyling equipment.
A no flatiron aesthetic + a cutaway halter neckline = milkmaid braids. They might be currently experiencing a resurgence in popularity, but you can't beat their easy style, especially when the heat is on. And my great-grandmother, who I am the spitting image of in this hairstyle, would agree. Just braid pigtails and pin them over your head, tucking the ends under.
These silver metallic sandals replace my silver flats in the summer. I wear them with jeans, shorts, and dresses, proving one again that a metallic shoe is a wardrobe requirement. My only regret is that the weather was too overcast to lose the cardigan, although its loose drape was the perfect finishing touch to my free-spirit illusion.
Blouse: Banana Republic
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity, Hills of Kerrisdale
Sandals: Rocket Dog, Sterling Shoes
Cardigan: Line Knitwear, revolveclothing.com
Hoops: Winners

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/11/2011

    i love your hair! it's so simple and elegant :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete