Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

My mom and I don't share many of the same style opinions, but one thing we've always agreed on is how we love the pairing of navy blue and hot pink. This blue isn't that navy and this pink isn't that hot, but I still really love the look of the colors together. To add even more color fun, I wore my yellow shoes, because, especially in the summer, most especially this summer of color blocking, yellow is basically a neutral.
I really like the idea of mixing big prints with small ones. The small polka dots are underwhelming enough for the louder sweater -- a gift from Erin, as are all of my favorite hand-me-downs. My favorite part of this outfit is how feminine it is: dainty flower necklace, the floral cardigan, lace collar, pearl buttons. You'd never guess I was working at a plant that manufactures gas connectors while wearing it.
Dress: Thrifted, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Cardigan: Gifted, Erin, The Loft
Neckalce: Camilla as a graduation/goodbye present
Shoes: Target
Belt: H&M
Don't worry, I'm not crazy enough to wear an outfit like this in an actual plant, just in its office. The only time I venture out onto the plant floor is to get a Diet Coke from the vending machine, so between 1 and 5 times a day. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/16/2011

    finally, an outfit that you and aunt karen can both admire!!
    but i believe your toes are showing in those flats... that's borderline stripper shoes for aunt karen!

    lovely outfit, miss you!
    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete