Friday, July 22, 2011

Second Helpings

Some days, I find the logistics of fashion blogging to be quite challenging. Today, for example, I wore a fully thrifted outfit (minus the shoes) for the Every Body Every Wear challenge: Thrift Edition, only to realize halfway through work that I would have needed to wear this outfit yesterday or (absolutely not) wake up early enough to post the pictures before work. So, instead of being part of the collective, I posed in my very Working Girl outfit looking a little sad and alone.
Just like the ruffle on top of the bow in my last post, I love both ties in this outfit. I really, really like the idea of a pussy bow or limp tie. It's one of those styles that will always look retro in a way that I really love. This blouse is a bit formal, but I think the rolled sleeves did it some good. And the pop of color scarf is by far my favorite part of this outfit. Thrifting 101: Always look at the scarves. They're usually a dollar and almost always in great condition.
Shorts (hemmed): Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
Blouse: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
Scarf: Thrifted, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Shoes: Target (I have thrifted shoes, but I couldn't find one of the pair I wanted to wear this morning and these were sitting by the door so nicely)
And if you squint/zoom: my toes are neon green, which matched the scarf belt quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment