Sunday, July 24, 2011

Putting on the Ritz

Although I'm usually overdressed for most events in my life -- work, going to the mall, hanging out with my friends -- I don't normally have the opportunity to really dress up. Yesterday, my brother's friend got married, and it was perfect excuse to wear this dress that I bought at King of Prussia mall, which I mentioned in this post.
I love this dress! I love its classic shift shape, the detailing on the trim, and the subtle animal print. To play up the gold thread sewn through the dress, I wore my gold headband and oversized pearls.
The tiny pearl earrings went well with the classic style of the dress and the purse was a perfect metallic match and a great pop of color and print.
And look at the shoes! A real pair of heels! One could even call them pumps. I love them and can't wait to wear again -- I think they'll work as a great neutral for other formal occasions.
Dress: DKNY, King of Prussia
Shoes: Poetic License, Zappo's
Necklace: Gifted, Erin
Headband: Gifted, Elana
Purse: Market in Thailand
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Super Store
I don't normally spend so much on a dress, and very rarely shop in high end stores, but I think this dress -- with its classic shape and just enough details to make it special -- was well worth it. xoxo Anna Rae

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/24/2011

    um well i don't know what to say so i think that is very pretty, and very well done, very elegant and classy, also refined at the same time. and with a light touch of grace. original comments made by Andrew and Timothy Joseph.

    Credits:
    Directed by: Timothy Joseph
    Produced by: Timothy Joseph
    Executive producer: EDBD
    Script by: Andrew Grainer
    Written by: Andrew Grainer

    Specials thanks to Anna Rae, Julie, Rebekah, Meghan, TJ, Andrew, Donna, Cozy, and anyone else that was available at the time

    P.S.- TJ says he lllllllloooooovvvvvvveeeeessssss the purse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my family! Thanks guys -- have fun at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/24/2011

    aaaaahhhhhhh thanks, wish you were here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/24/2011

    all comments are copy righted by 2011. All rights reserved

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks AWESOME Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is amazing!!! I think you have reached the pinnacle of the backcombed updo. Mad (men) props.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! And thanks so much for the shoe advice -- I'm really glad I went with a light gold and not a color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gawd-dang gorgeous, Anna! wowza. You just trumped all the Mad Men ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7/26/2011

    A M A Z I N G

    ReplyDelete