Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Domino Effect

Inspired by Kate Spade's colour of the month, black and white, I constructed an outfit around the crisp contrast that only these opposites can bring. Keeping with the opposite theme, I also tackled a fashion don't: white on the bottom. Figure-flattery wisdom holds that you wear white on your smallest body part, not your largest, and that white pants are for size six and under. As a double-digit-size-wearing lady, I say do the don't.Monochromatic does not have to mean uninteresting. Stripes and the contrast of chiffon layers with crisp denim creates depth in a simple look. Resisting the urge to choose a bright shoe, I went with metallic flats and a shiny necklace for sparkle. Blazer: Tristan
Capris: Tommy Hilfiger, Winners
Necklace: Banana Republic
Shoes: Tory Burch, Ebay (there are many fakes online: if the price is too good to be true, it is)
Blouse: Club Monaco

Thank you to my lovely co-worker Pat for the photos

4 comments:

  1. I was waiting for a Kate Spade inspired post -- I was just thinking of doing one myself. Of course you would master it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mono brown7/14/2011

    You look totally fierce in these photos. Very lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete