Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dress codes? Of course not.

One of the great things about being a student that I'll miss is the free dress code. Yesterday, I wore this to campus to start the great job search of 2010 and was dressed completely appropriately, some might even say I was well-dressed for the occasion. In what other field will this be acceptable? None, I suppose.
Because it felt like the first day of summer -- warm and relaxing -- and because my hair straightener was at Erin's apartment, leaving my hair destined for its hip top bun, I decided to dress as bohemian as possible. My mom bought me this scarf last summer during my Wear-a-Scarf-Absolutely-Everyday fashion phase, but lately I've been bringing it back as a head scarf.

My grandfather gave me this sunglasses as a graduation present a couple of years ago because he couldn't tell what colors the stoplights wear with the amber tint. Basically, my family members keep furthering the fashion cause.
This dress is one of my absolute summer essentials. It's completely comfortable and looks great with just a pair of flip-flops and it has big pockets for the summer purse-less look.
My mother bought me this bag in Rome and it's completely amazing. I can't believe I don't brag about it on this blog more often.
Dress: Store in Notting Hill, London
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Earrings: Store in Kingston, Ontario
Scarf: Gifted by Mom
Sunglasses: Gifted by G-pa
Shoes: AE
Bag: Gifted by Mom, from fancy fancy Rome
Over the weekend, I went to Value Village with Erin and totally made out. So many great finds and I can't wait to wear all of them on here! Look out for some new great clothes in the very near future (I can say this with confidence because I'm posting the outfit that I wore yesterday, already sitting in a great VV find). xoxo Anna Rae


2 comments:

  1. The concrete lines of Buchanan really bring out the Riviera in that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the look I was going for!

    ReplyDelete