Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"We're Two Artists in a Relationship"


I hope that I'm not starting to take the photography and locations in this blog for granted, because I fear that they will seriously start lacking once I move home. I foresee a lot of self-timer shots and the back deck in my blogging future. Moving on to a less depressing topic -- my outfit today.
Although I kind of think describing your style via labels is an awful task and although I always end up lying because I usually try to use the word Vintage, and none of my clothes are Vintage, I think this falls directly under the category of Nerd Chic. The kind of outfit you wear when finishing a paper (that is so almost almost finished). My only regret is that I didn't wear the black belt I wore yesterday. Elastic-waist skirts and tucked-in sweaters just cry out for belts.

I kind of feel like the girl version of Dan Humphrey in this outfit, or, at the very least, the kind of girl that Dan Humphrey would date. Except, I do not in any way mean I look like V, as I just find her completely annoying and a ridiculous dresser. It is appalling that she is the only one on that show who has slept with Dan, Nate, and Chuck. Appalling.

Sweater: Gifted by Erin
Shirt: Thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul
Shoes: AE Flats
Necklace: Random shop in Spain.

Now time to write some short stories worthy of publication in the New Yorker and then never show any real talent again. xoxo Anna Rae

5 comments:

  1. i'm pretty sure the girl from kansas couture took a look at you yesterday, added it to today's excellent outfit, and came up with this:

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9zM6x8M9c70/S-Dd33OW_2I/AAAAAAAACA0/kRVjQDZnAXw/s1600/short-skirt.jpg

    way to pave the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was just thinking about how much I loved her outfit today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shoes!

    You can take some pictures at St. Vincent de Paul store since you get many of your "vintage" clothes from there! If you take Grammy down to work-I'm sure she would snap a photo for you! What a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Grammy might take my picture, but I doubt she'll want to take 8 of them at a variety of angles. I do love the St. Vincent de Paul, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are great. Whoever picked the setting is also a genius.

    ReplyDelete