Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flashback Weekend: One Year Ago

Don't worry guys. I haven't drastically dyed my hair jet black. Nor have I begun work on the last three papers I desperately need to finish before I can finally refer to this semester as finished. However, I have managed to get motivated (bored) enough to procrastinate and go through old pictures in hopes of stumbling across a snapshot from one year ago today. Well, BINGO! I'm standing in the old house I lived in for the last two years of college with three other people. This particular roommate is still my roommate and sometimes photographer, Jocelyn. (Her hair is naturally and intentionally curly...you'll see why I resent that at the end of this post.)

At the time I really liked my hair super dark. It matched my eyebrows and it just worked. Now, however, looking back I realize that it's just a little too harsh. But, hey, we all make hair mistakes throughout our lives so I'm ready to own up to it. What was your worst hair mishap? (I already know Anna's, since I was inadvertently the cause. Or perhaps it was the time I got a round brush stuck in her hair - that time I was the direct cause. Whoops. We'll let her decide, though.)

But back to the pic. It was before a night out on the Pittsburgh's South Side before graduation. Why was I so tan last May 1st? Jealous... Anyways, debauchery ensued and I probably danced (sweated) my hair curly. Does that ever happen to you all? You have so much fun, and dance so hard that you start sweating, and it's summer so it's unusually hot in the bar, so that by the end of the night your hair is (embarrassingly) wavy? It just has a way of happening in the summer. Perhaps I should break out those sponge rollers so the curls are more intentional and less "OMG-it's-1:45-the-bars-are-going-to-close-which-means-the-lights-are-going-to-come-on-so-that-means-that-I-need-to-BOLT-out-of-this-club-so-nobody-can-see-what-a-(literal)-hot-mess-I-am." No? Nobody? FINE.

Until tomorrow. Libby

I still have and enjoy this dress, so you'll most certainly be seeing it in the near future.

6 comments:

  1. I love your hair like that. Drastic hair color changes are the best.

    Did you inadvertently cause me to cut my bangs way way way too short when I was 14? I don't remember that, but probably because I'm still so traumatized by the memory that I've blocked a lot of it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until about a year ago I didn't realize that I caused you to cut your bangs way too short but you were the one who told me I did - something that had to do with me not going to a movie or something? I'm not sure, but I believe I was the inadvertent cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! If you had only agreed to come see Boys and Girls with us, then you would have been at my house until Angelica came to pick me up, not leaving my bangs and me alone with a pair of scissors. It's TOTALLY your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look wildly insane in this photo. That night was most definitely full of debauchery and cell phone covers. I hope you don't hate me for once facilitating your dark hair dye sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course not - I held the gun to your head to dye my hair and you just followed along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jocelyn, I miss you and your eye makeup. xoxo Anna

    ReplyDelete