Monday, May 17, 2010

Party Down

On Saturday, my friend Andrew was celebrating his 25th birthday with drinks and karaoke, but I decided to celebrate by wearing my new favorite blazer in a delightfully mixed pattern outfit.
The true inspiration for the outfit were the tights. I found them in a ball on the bottom of my linen closet behind a crate of shoes during the epic "Anna cleans her apartment for the first time in ages and cries about it a lot" Friday I had. Since they weren't around for the many days that I wanted to wear them, I knew I had to sneak them in at least once more this season, even if they are wintery. How perfect, then, that I wanted to wear this jean dress - I also found it in a similar ball-ed up discarded state while cleaning - but thought it looked a little too summery for the evening.
Winter tights with a summer dress, polka dots with plaid -- this outfit is all kinds of madness.
These pictures were taken in the park across the street from my basement by my friend Jane, who visited me for the weekend. Since our visits are usually dominated by eating and sleeping in and trashy magazines and romantic comedies, this nighttime outing was really a rarity. I thought I should wear some red lipstick to mark the occasion.

Dress: Charlotte Russe
Blazer: Thrifted, Value Village
Tights: Kohl's
Belt: Gifted, Erin
Shoes: AE
And a parting shot of me awkwardly posed on the slide. Jane, slightly disappointed, later explained that if I was to look like I had just slid down the slide, I should have gripped the sides with my hands. I guess that ANTM marathon hasn't improved my posing just yet. xoxo Anna Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment