Saturday, May 8, 2010

Summer of Jean (skirt)

It's okay if these pictures are so pretty that you're too distracted to notice my outfit, at first. I completely understand.
When I was in middle school and high school, I was always had last day of school anxiety. What would I wear? What would I do after? Would I be invited to do what the cool kids were doing, establishing my position as a kid that does what the cool kids were doing for the rest of the summer? Clearly, this was a sign that the end of school was not hard enough.

Wednesday was my last day of school for an indefinite amount of time (aside from when I use school as an office to write out resumes and find applications), and although I, as always, thought about what I'd wear, my only other thoughts were: Edits! Conclusion! What office do I turn this paper into? Edits! Coffee!

Then I came home, curled up in bed, watched the fifth season of the Gilmore Girls and fell asleep.
Since I was working on my paper, I wanted a pretty comfortable and casual outfit. I'm also not embarrassed to admit that the next day I wore the same outfit, but traded the vest and scarf for a cardigan, and today I wore the same skirt and shoes with a different pair of tights and cardigan.

The outfit was pretty simple, color added by tights and a scarf -- I wish I wore scarves as much as I used to, so simple and so classic and so comfortable -- and gold earrings to match the gold shoes. I'm trying to be calm about my clothes, I promise.
Shirt: Gifted by Ashley, from NZ
Vest: Old Navy
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army in Kerrisdale
Scarf: Gifted by Elana, from London
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Target

Sorry for the recent lack of posting -- just enjoying the sunshine and summertime freedom. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment