Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kids Cutting School

Today Will Best and I played hookey, which some may find challenging when you lack actual day-to-day commitments, but don't worry we preserved. Unlike the rest of the 9-to-5-ers, we saw the matinee of The Trotsky, but met on 4th about an hour before the movie because, well, we had the time, allowing for a fantastic candy shop photo shoot.
I think my absolute favorite look may be full skirts with top-buttoned cardigans and backcombed hair. To really add to the Mad Men-ness, I also wore clip on earrings.
This cardigan was a recent Value Village find, which I love so, so much because of the sort of ugly flower pin that came with it and the fact that it's pink and red -- a great, often underused color combination. Pairing the skirt with the cardigan made me realize that the skirt, too, mixes pink with red.
I'm also particularly proud of my backcombing today. Practice (and hairspray and bobby pins) really does make perfect.
Cardigan: Thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army, Kerrisdale
Shirt: Hand-me-down from Mom
Earrings: Gifted, Erin
Shoes: Old Navy

And remember kids, cigarettes are only cool when they're actually bubble gum. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment