Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Good Morning Baltimore

I can't resist a theme (even if no one else is dressing up) so of course I had to wear a vintage 60s dress to go see Hairspray at the Stanley Theatre in Vancouver. This beautiful dress was just the ticket.
I love the bold print, the self ruffles at the hem and neckline, and the sassy dip in the back. The dress was originally a maxi, but because of my height it was an awkward mid-calf length, so I hemmed it to the knee and reattached the ruffle.
Dress: Vintage, JessJamesJake via Etsy
Slingback Pumps: Cole Haan, Holt Renfrew
Purse: Spring Shoes

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! The dress looks so great -- like it was meant to end at the knee with a ruffle. Hairspray was the perfect occasion for it, though I have to say I'm surprised your is so un-backcombed.

    Also, great shoe choice! They really help to highlight the purple that could otherwise have been lost in the bright greens and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/30/2011

    wow, love that dress! and not everyone enjoys backcombing their hair anna ;) .... we learned that the hard way!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete