Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Playing Dress Up

Sometimes, when I get a new piece that I really, really love, I immediately want to create as many outfits for it as possible. I'm glad that I've adopted this sort of practical dress up as a hobby because it helps me to immediately visualize ways to remix my pieces instead of always pairing the same tops with the same skirts or pants.
After deciding how to wear this amazing J.Crew shirt to work tomorrow (look for that post very soon!), I thought it'd also make the perfect casual outfit with my newly revamped romper-shorts. My romper did not last through its most recent cycle in the laundry machine, but I'm loving the idea of casual cotton shorts with a small floral print. Also, how great is this sunhat? It''s the perfect size and shape!
My favorite thing about this outfit is the proportions. The shirt not only has the bolder print, but with its wide boat neck and longer sleeves, it also takes up more space on my body. My straw hat, sunglasses, and sandals are, of course, the perfect counterparts to this summer on the cape look.

Shorts (romper): Target
Shirt: J.Crew, J.Crew Outlet, Premium Outlets, Williamsburg, VA
Hat: H&M
Sunglasses: Giant Eagle
Shoes: Thrifted, Alabster's Attic Church Thrift Store, Greensburg
Not one to let a good outfit go to waste, I plan to wear this (probably sans the hat), during the drive and day portion of my friend Toni's bachelorette this weekend! Hopefully I won't be in too much of a celebration mode and I'll take pictures of the lovely dress I plan on wearing for our night on the town as single ladies! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/30/2011

    this outfit is adorable!!! love the accessories
    R.I.P. target romper :(

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete