Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Horse of a Different Colour

Seeing double? It's because both Anna and I purchased the same skirt on our successful Joe Fresh shopping trip while she was visiting Vancouver. Its bold print, comfy cotton and wide elastic waistband will make it a piece I will reach for for both work and play all summer long.

The green zebra is so bold I just had to run with it. I love the juicy effect of the watermelon pink cardigan with its gumball-like buttons. While pairing red and green is a bit of a fashion faux pas, pink is an excellent stand in for an equivalent complementary pop.

I love the way the graphic touches of white make all the colours seem even brighter, so I resisted the urge to pile on more than a simple bangle and pearl studs.

Yellow patent flats added another bold colour while keeping me comfy at work. Because all of my colours have the same intensity they work together without overpowering one another.
Skirt: Joe Fresh, Joe Fresh Downtown Vancouver
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Flats: Gianni Binni, Dillards Las Vegas
Tank: TNA, Aritzia
Bracelet: Winners
Pearl Studs: The Bay

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit!! I wish I had the guts to pull off this much colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...loved the mix of colours so much and that pop of yellow is just so summery!!!
    http://fashionquotient.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete