Thursday, June 9, 2011

Resort Wear

I've never been a particular fan of the white summer dress before, mostly because I'm quite spilly, both in the sense that I often spill things on myself and in the sense that I'm constantly taking spills. When I saw this dress at Target, I decided to take a chance and purchase the summer staple. Obviously, I fell in love.
My favorite part of this dress is how the beaded neckline makes it unique enough to be an interesting outfit all by itself. The beginning summer dress code of a dress, a belt, and some sandals is liberating. I'm sure I'll miss my cardigans -- although how great does this tan one look against the white? Who knew neutrals could be so lovely paired together -- but for now I'm quite pleased with the relaxed, easy dress code.
Because the outfit was quite simple, I thought I could wear a pair of my bolder earrings. I love wearing earrings that are longer than my hair; it makes me feel so chic.
Dress: Calypso St. Barth for Target
Belt: Target
Shoes: Old Navy
Cardigan: New York and Co.
Earrings: Jewelry store in Malaga
I now absolutely understand the appeal of resort collections. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/12/2011

    Anna this is ADORABLE!!! love that dress!
    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia6/14/2011

    Remember when I bought that white summer dress is Spain and you bought the matching one in black? Oh how times have changed. Miss you xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress doesn't quite fit me, but I still keep it in my closet to stare at and think of Malaga. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete